Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'Coop Party Spring TX USA

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One flight trip is in the budget this year, and it was either Atlanta for Eggtoberfest or Spring TX hangin' with the Hen and Chicken and all those funny-accent-talkin' Texans. Choice is(by a landslide)- THE COOP PARTY!.
Nothing against Eggtoberfest as it's a great organized event that keeps getting better every year with the greatest of folks, but want something different this year. And this is it.
Now the planning stage starts as I will land in Houston by late morning on FRI 10-3, and will leave Mon 10-6 morning. That gives me most of friday and all of sunday.
Only thing that is a must for me is all that NASA stuff.
Plus I would like to finally see and dip my feet in the Gulf Coast. Judy and Leroy- will contact via form provided on blog within next couple of days.
Need help planning! Suggestions?
ST

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Your wanting the monkey in the spa. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Farve looked pretty good. Herm has a big old smile on face, going in at half 6-6.
    Have a good time and wish I was there.

Mike
  • Smokin' Todd
    Another on the "must do list" is hang with the Spring TX locals on FRI night. I know Omaha was pretty bad:), but at least this one is advertised to 3AM and arriving at Noon wouldnt draw all the attention and "what, got arrested??" comments. Heheehheh.
    ST
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    LOL. You walked into the eggfest with your luggage. 5 more minutes and I would have won the over and under when you showed up. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I'll get to see the Chicken Pair in Hotlanta, but won't be the same.

Mike
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Spring Hen is overwhelmed with Eggcitement Me, I'm just thinking that Atlanta won't be the same without you. But I'm sure they will survive.

As for the adventures outside the Chicken Ranch, the NASA tour is great. I'm told Galveston is too. Here's the link to some info:

http://www.spacecenter.org/Hours.html

http://www.galveston.com/default.asp

We're on the north side of Houston by about 30 miles. Both Galveston and NASA are quite a ways south of Houston so it would be a good idea to plan your adventure accordingly, keeping in mind that weekends are usually pretty busy with tourists.

We'll probably be pretty busy Friday night getting the Ranch ready for the onslaught of cultists, but that's not to say we can't take a short break and meet up with early arrivals to eat some Mexican food at our neighborhood restaurant, Los Cascadas. It's good, prices are comfortable and their Margaritas are great, especially during happy hour ($2.00).

We're happy to hear that you are coming but be sure to complete the RSVP.

We'll keep an Egg lit for you.

Spring "Semi-Finalist Eggstronot Applicant In Waiting" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Smokin' Todd
    Hey I already know you two love birds will be busy with preparation, so dont even wink about me in regards to lodging and car. That will be taken care of as I can't fathom a trip without my own wheels. Just gotta see the sights with my own foot on the pedal.
    The coast will most-likey be 1st as I land fri morning, and of course Galveston is bold on maps in Google so that destination will be priority on list as I exit airport. Just would like to have lunch that day over-looking the Gulf.
    Cant wait until this party. Only thing is-will arrive closer to noon at the Coop Sat:)ST
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    I hope this reply lands in the right place this time. I have to say this is a wonderful surprise. I might even get you to like Lone Star beer before you leave. I think it would be a great idea if you spent Friday night in Galveston and walked the beach. I have to warn you it is not the prettiest sight you are going to see. The water is not clear because of all the mud that runs down to the Gulf but it is still nice to see. One place I like to go to eat is Gaido's on the seawall....very nice but a little pricey. Be sure to walk over to The Strand in Galveston and check out the tall ship Elisa. They also have a museum with a short show on early Galveston. I enjoyed it a lot. As to NASA...wow...just standing beside that spaceship takes your breath away. Let me know if you need me to scout out a hotel in Galveston for you....love ya lots and can't wait to see you.
    Spring "waitin to see her adopted chick" Hen
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Smokin' Todd
    It's the likes of you beautiful TX women that make me wanna come back, so trying to prepare me of "not to great beaches"- well dont forget Im from JERSEY-not very pretty but a way of life here. Trust me...I can handle any beaches being from the North East- ever try to have a 1st date with dunes with all kinds of auto parts on the sand? Bruce Springsteen left those parts out of his songs!:)
    Anyway I got a little time here so will plan accordingly. Cant wait to see everyone!!!
    ST
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    That sure is nice of you to keep him busy and well informed as to the stuff to see and do in the area.

I'm sure he will appreciate your generosity.

Spring "Eggheads Take Care Of One Another" Chicken
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Don't over shoot the intent.
    I was working on a free lunch...LOL
    Still plan on getting a hotel for Friday as well as Sat night and giving you a hand at the Coop.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Appreciate the help.

Spring "So Much To Do" Chicken