Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steak seasoning question

Raining ClawRaining Claw Posts: 23
edited 1:27PM in EggHead Forum
I was thinking about slapping a coupla steaks on the egg this evening and was wondering other's preference on seasoning. I typically just use koshers, pepper and such, but was wondering if anyone has tried Herbs de Provence on a regular steak. I have roasted Prime Rib with it and enjoyed it, but havent tried a steak...would it be the same? What's your favorite? Probably be a coupla T-Bones or Ribeye's..

thanks

Comments

• Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I did a couple of steaks last night ad used Montreal Steak Seasoning on them and they were great.
  • Dizzy Pig's Raising the Steaks is the best I have found.

ObiCue's steak seasoning is pretty good also.

Spacey
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,919
    try Bryons Butt Rubb, good on all
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• KlagKlag Posts: 208
    About two months ago I went nuts and bought like 10 different ones. Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks is so good that we leave it on the table full time as seasoning for EVERYTHING now...

Bob Gibsons's BBQ rub was my 2nd favorite for steaks and favorite for chicken.

ObieCue's Sweet and Heat is my favorite for all pork.
  • My new found favorite is also Raising the Steaks, but Herbs de Provence is fantastic on roasted potatoes.
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    I normally mix Raising the Steaks and Montreal. For cheaper cuts of meat, I will add in a nice layer of Cavendar's Greek Seasoning...awesome stuff!