Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ribs - 2nd attempt

JazzmanJazzman Posts: 62
edited 2:28PM in EggHead Forum
Tried some baby backs last night - car wash Mike method. They turned out great!

tried to upload pics, no dice - sorry! I clicked on the img tag, inserted the pic, but just got a bunch of little x's. :(

Comments

• StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Upload to photobucket.com, resize to 640x480, click the IMG button in photobucket to copy, then paste into your message.
  • JazzmanJazzman Posts: 62
    try again!

ribs1.jpg
    getting started

ribs2.jpg
    about ready to sauce 'em

ribs4.jpg
    all done!

ribs5.jpg
    yummy
  • Ike WittIke Witt Posts: 195
    Nice table,
    Nice Cook, How long were the ribs on ?
    congrats on the pics

allen
  • SkidsSkids Posts: 32
    Clearly you are living in my retirement home...by the way what lake is my home on?

What is the "Car Wash Mike" method as I'll be doing my baby backs this Saturday.
    Car Wash Mike method:

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/06/baby-back-rib-class.html

Ribs were on 3 hours at 225

1 1/2 hours at 250

sauce, then 30-45 minutes at 275

I live on a very small lake called lake Killarney. It is a nice lake, though - they stock it and I catch somewhere between 4-8 bass if I go out for an hour or so at dusk.
  • BUILDERBUILDER Posts: 45
    Is that cypress wood for that table? It's hard to tell from the pics, the reason I ask is I'm about to build mine and was just wondering.
    yep - it's the BGE long cypress table - I put a little outdoor deck stain on it to protect it from the elements, so it looks a little darker than in most catalogue pics you find.
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Nice pics & good looking ribs!