Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Turkey

Options
Essex County
Essex County Posts: 991
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a couple of turkey thighs and decided to cook them like AZRP's "The Chicken". The thighs were floured and cooked in the SBGE for 90 minutes at 350. They looked so good at that point, it was hard to do the sauce part. But after a 45 minute steep, they were fantastic. Yeah, I will have to try "The Chicken" with chicken but "The Turkey" worked out pretty well.

We applied extra sauce at the table but there's still at least a cup left over. Does anyone save it as a starter for the next cook?

Paul

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you've had a couple interesting cooks already this week. i haven't been able to fire it up yet.

no photos?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I have a quart in the fridge. Whenever I make some, I make a double/triple batch so it's handy for the next cook.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i could eat that sauce drizzled on some rice or a few drops on some eggs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Essex County
    Options
    A good dose of it went on rice last night. It's fun to make. You start putting the stuff together and you think, Geez, this is gonna be really salty and hot. It is a bit salty and hot in the end but not as much as you'd expect when you think about what goes in. I think it could be hotter.
    Paul
  • Essex County
    Options
    We set up plates with the turkey, some stirfried chard from the garden (with garlic, balsamic and sesame seeds), and rice. They looked pretty...but it's the same story. Should we get the camera or eat? The camera always loses. Gotta try harder to get pix.
    Paul
  • Essex County
    Options
    Thanks. I made a full recipe but had less than the suggested amount of poultry. I thought this stuff would keep (what could grow in it?) but wanted to see if others held onto it until the next cook.
    Paul
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Its got everything hot known to man in it, but doesn't come off all that spicy. It is pretty good on rice, I never thought about trying it with turkey parts, I'll bet it was good. -RP