Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what is 800°, broken and weighs 1# 6.6 oz.s

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
the egg after 15 minutes on the phone and an old memory

minidimensions039.jpg

minidimensions038.jpg

my fire box but it works great

minidimensions.jpg

minidimensions036.jpg

this 'giant tree tomato'

minidimensions040.jpg

and thanks to beli for posting vacation pics at my request
bill

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Hey bill.....at last we see you around....everything allright??
  • Klag
    Klag Posts: 208
    Options
    Haha, my firebox is also in 800 gazillion pieces. If I ever took it out (I haven't in probably 4 years) it would crumble into dust!

Luckily I live 15 minutes from the Mothership, but I see no reason to exchange it yet since it works so well. Who knows, maybe the busted firebox is why my food comes out so good...

:)
  • you are very astute... tough day for me, homefront and work, the way life goes sometimes. time for me to crash, tomorrow is another day ,,, thanks for asking.
    and that green glazed pottery is magnificent.
    bill
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Bill,

Sorry to see the fire box, time for a replacement (or repair).

Very nice looking tomato.

Kent
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Dang bill that just added insult to injury. Hope your crashed back out. Trust me. Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Sure is clean, though, ain't it?! :)
  • Drunk at the EGG
    Options
    I could never figure out why I could not get my Large BGE back up to 750. I recently took out my firebox and was surprised to see all the ash that had slowly fallen through the 5 holes on the firebox and accumulated, like an ant pushing out dirt from the anthill, which probably slowed air flow thus killing any real high temp ability.

I have 2 questions;

1) how often should you remove the firebox to clean said ash piles?
    2) my vacuum won't go around the firebox (as I enter through the silder on the bottom) to get to the 2 or 3 holes that I miss without removing the firebox - does anyone have a simple tool or idea?

Thanks

Drunk