Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm cooking some'en: Beef short ribs & drumsticks

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the replys on the "shortribs" thread earler. All ready well into a fast low and slow :pinch: or would have tryed the direct method tonight since in a hurry.
Ribs washed and dryed with a little Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust spraying with Turkey and Coke every 30 min.
1stsjune118.jpg

Drumsticks with my home rub under skin and a squeeze of lime. Love lime with all my yard bird. A Mexican friend who works at a local resturant taught me that. One of the few people who have ridden the HD! :laugh:
1stsjune120.jpg

Ribs were on an hr before the drums
1stsjune122.jpg

And the clean up detail (Susie)is on standby! :laugh:
1stsjune119.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    hope it is still raining on you... so how sharp is the knife..
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Slow rain all day. Really to slow as only 1/2 inch but 50% pluse next 2 days. That rotation stoped I geather! ;) As you say "scarie sharp"!! Email you if I get a sec. b4 bed.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    The ribs were a little tough but flavor was great!! Bird was good as rub with lime is easy cook. Jake didn't like his toes in cold tea so "hurry up" shot of the approval!! :laugh:
    1stsjune124.jpg

1stsjune125.jpg
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Vast & delicious looking as usual......whilst in Oaxaca the Typical Tlayudas (corn tortillas & thin beef stripes) are cooked directly on the coals.....I understand they have been doing that for mileniums :laugh: reminded me of your caveman cuisine :laugh:

DSCN0311.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    I like!!Looks like my kind of meal. ;) Hear is a "link" to the trip slide show. Just click on the pic and it will open it. Let me know if you see this reply and the show.

th_7-16-08051.jpg
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I hope that your ribs were not to greasy...from the looks of yours, there was lots of meat on the bones. The last batch I got may have had too much marbling, and they were very fatty when they were cooked.

I checked out your slideshow again--I really like all the scenery and just all the wonderful views that you guys got to experience out there. Someday, I'll be able to take the kids out there.

I'll drop you a line about the rub you used--you've got me thinking about trying something different.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Yeap saw them all...just spectacular...the one with the sun shining through the stone hole is priceless