Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What to cook...have all day

HitchHitch Posts: 402
edited 8:43AM in EggHead Forum
Wife and three oldest are heading to the lake today, and I am staying back at the ranch with the baby. I would like to have a beautiful, but more importantly, delicious spread for them when they return. Recently have done pizza and pork and chicken breasts, so let's branch out.

Gimme some inspiration! Dinner time ~ 4:00

Comments

• GrillmamaGrillmama Posts: 194
    Chicken Wings? They are a fun food for kids.
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    how about chicken or lamb tagine over rice/coucous?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Flat Iron Steak, Onions, Green & Red Bell Peppers.....served up with tortillas, guacamole, chips, & salsa. ? ? ?
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    My vote is for chicken wings. Fun to eat, taste great and easy to make.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    My recent vice has been boneless chicken done direct with grilled romaine. It good, light and tasty
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    vote number three for chicken wings.

grilled asparagus and grilled bell peppers maybe as well.

grilled corn on the cob would be a winner as well.
  • PdubPdub Posts: 234
    I second the flat iron steak
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Spatchcocked chicken and cheese covered tomatoes drizzled with balsamic vinegar sounds like a good meal to return home to. HTH.