Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone used "BBQ Bath"?

Options
TideJoe
TideJoe Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found it at http://www.sweetwaterspice.com/. It looks like a good brining sauce. Just wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with it.

Comments

• Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Options
    I first tried the brisket bath at my grill store where they were doin a demo with it. In my opinion the flavor was awesome. I have since tried it on flat irons and tri tips, the meat comes out more moist and tender in my opinion. The ancho and chipotle do not overwhelm the meats flavor. On smaller cuts i would only brine for a max of 3 hours, 6 on something like a brisket.

I would say its def worth a try.

good luck

allen
  • TideJoe
    TideJoe Posts: 31
    Options
    I just ordered the apple chipotle (for chicken) and smoked habanero (pork tenderloin). I'll give a report once I try them out.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    I've not used them, but just saw them at TJmax for about 1/3 the retail price. Might have to pick some up.

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Sgt Pepper
    Options
    This stuff is outstanding. I've used it on brisket and BB ribs and just about everybody has told that is some of the best bbq they've ever eaten. The appple chipotle on babby backs is world class. I even used some on pork chops last night. You can also get it at Whole Foods and Central Market.