Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1:19 AM Forum Check

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,247
edited 3:24AM in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and lurking gasheads.

I am in a quandary. Ever since my close encounter with the keel surgeon I have been free of those sudden, middle of the dark period plumbing emergencies I was plagued with for many orbits. Instead, I now find myself having to return to vertical in order to intake a de-pain meal-in-a-pill thingy in a fruitless attempt to get relief from the keel repair pain. Naturally, while I am awaiting for the process to work I also gravitate to the facility maintenance department where I usually check the plumbing pressure. It has become a stress-free event. Meanwhile, I recently realized that this vertical activity was being generated early in the earth rotation cycle. If this be the carton, then perhaps I was a bit hasty in concluding that my plumbing emergency issues were eradicated during the blood-letting. I trust the truth will position itself on the surface at some point during the recovery period. Until then I am enjoying the pleasures of stress free plumbing activity even though it is most likely due to the interjection of an artificially influenced comfort level. Data will be accumulated and discussed with the practicing physician at a nearby date.

Having ingested the de-painer and performed the plumbing check, I proceeded to the food preparation area where only a few time units earlier the abode dwellers and a neighboring humanoid disposed of some fowl parts obtained at a local facility offering same at bargain monetary units and heated on the larger of three Big Green Egg neighborhood smeller-uppers until reaching an internal thermal accumulation of at least 165 measuring units. It was a satisfying moment. While in the area I routinely checked the performance of the refrigeration unit's interior illuminator and found it to be functionating at the desired level.

I proceeded to the External Observation Portal to portal some external observations regarding security and got the OK signal from Deputy Larry Ropa. It appears that Rodney Dangerbird, who is, let's say, resting in a quiet place at the moment, may need some serious between the ears therapy by a trained professional in such matters. Rodney seems un-himself and possibly has even become De-Rodneyized as he has apparently taken on the personification of Chicken Little. He will not stop crowing the alarm in spite of his highly tuned danger sensors being cleaned with probes saturated with a special de-bacterial, fast-acting, de-natured chemical often used in the medical profession. I will continue to work with him from a mechanical standpoint until the between-the-ears professional arrives. Miss Mona is quite upset, as are the other ranch hands, as we prepare for his possible introduction to the internal parts of a heated Big Green Egg. She's been singing "He shall overcome" for time periods on end. The morrow will hopefully bring about new opportunities for improvement.

I took a shortcut over to the communications center and looked in to see what's going on there. In spite of the placement of 13 Members and 75 Guests it appears that only a few familiar Eggents are co-mingled with newly arrived Eggents. The result is only lite communications are being created. Good enough for me.

My vertical positioning will now be changed to horizontal as I re-enter the recharging unit.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Chicken Ranch Overseer" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Boy I wish I could go horizontal..

Having dealt with a few emergency updates to various firewalls and one eggdom members inability to delete a folder I am ready to check my eyelids for holes..

Goodnight Leroy