Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12:04 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who haven't made it into the mainstream yet.

Once again, no plumbing emergency but I thought I would go ahead and retract myself from the recharging station and check out the facility maintenance department anyway. And since I was there I figured I may as well check the plumbing. And wouldn't you know it, there was a bit of pressure in the holding tank. Took care of it. Anticipatory management.

Feeling pretty good about things in general I decided to check out the refrigerator lamp as well. Actually I had an ulterior motive, that being I might locate some date sensitive item that needs disposing of when I opened the frontal bulkhead to check the illumination level. But I didn't visualize anything that tickled my fancy and just noted the proper operation of the illuminator and left.

A glance through the external observation portal was somewhat satisfying in that all of the items tucked away for the big storm were back in place, thanks to the actions of Ranch Madam, Spring Hen. She prefers things to be in their proper place. She also removed Rodney Dangerbird from the warm dark place where I had placed him when we first started preparing for the big storm. As you may recall, he got all excited and started crowing at everything. We could tell that he was in need of special attention so I temporarily removed him from life support and tucked him away. Now he was out again and no sooner than I reinitiated life support he begin crowing non-stop again. Something was obviously wrong with him so I once again removed him from life support until I can spend some time cogitating his condition. His sensors may have somehow become highly sensitized due to the threatening storm. After all, he has responsibility for the safety for all the inhabitants and occasional visitors here at the Ranch. In other words, the stress of the job may have pulled a feather or two. I'll take care of it during the light period.

Moving on to the Intergalactic Communications Center I noticed that there was considerable reporting going on. Then I realized that I was earlier than usual. I concluded they must have plenty to say to one another and left them, all 32 Members and 66 Guests, to chat among themselves. That would free me to return to the recharging station which has become a safe haven during my keel overhaul recovery process.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Very Early Bird" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments