Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Arm roast in dutch oven

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was going to eat for supper to night ,it is at 240 and plan to leave all day ,But want just a little smoke in the meat ,Do you think just leave off cover for how long ?
Dave

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Dave,

I am not sure what an Arm Roast is...

When I do a roast in the dutch oven, I have it cook in beef/chicken broth equal mis about 1/2 up the side of the meat.

Brase it (just about to boil). The time really matter but I cook it from 4 to 6 hours, fork tender. I am thinking 190° to 225° meat temp. Pit temp at the meat level about 300° to 330°. That would put the dome abou t 350°
    So far I have never used the lid on a dutch oven. If one lids the DO they may as well use charcoal or put the DO in the kitchen oven.

I have a recipe for a DO Roast with potatoes, onions & carrots - and some pictures. If you would like it let me know.

Kent