Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Bente

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for posting the tot caserole the other day. Going to a 1 year old birthday party at my nieces about 2 hours from here. I knew she had plenty food laid on but when I sent her the recipe and your photo she said bring it on. :laugh: Wrapped it up and put it in an ice chest for the ride.

IMG_1244800x600.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    sweet i think you are the first to try it (that i know of) it is a monthly meal around here..

let me know what you think of the final product ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Mornin T. could you share that rec. One more time please? The tater tot one. Thanks Miles.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here you go miles:::

Casserole, Potato, Tator Tot, Bente

This is one of my favorite cooks simple, and good... i usually add a few grates of pepper... but no salt because the soup is salty enough

INGREDIENTS:
    1 Bag Onion flavored tater tots
    1 Lb Hamburger meat
    2 Cans Cream of mushroom soup
    2 Cups Cheddar cheese grated
    1 Small Onion
    3/4 Cup Milk

Procedure:
    1 Brown meat and add onion until meat is brown and onion is soft.
    2 Whisk milk and soup together pour over meat.
    3 Spray a lasagna pan with pam, add tater tots frozen to bottom of pan..
    4 Pour meat mixture over tots and spread cheese on top.
    5 put in egg indirect at 350 for 30 minuets covered.. uncover and cook another 30 min
    6 serve and enjoy

Recipe Type
    Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum. Bente, 2008/05/22

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Thanks Terry. Got it and printed. Will try soon. Sold another lg. egg yesterday W / lots of goodies to go with it. Man's gonna eat good. Miles out.