Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I may be converted

dougemsmacksdougemsmacks Posts: 152
edited 9:34PM in EggHead Forum
I usually do my leg quarters direct around 400 or so. I read posts on how good the chicken is on indirect cooks.I have tried many times with poor results and went back to my way. Well I tried it again but a little different, adjustable rig, foil pan underneath and the temp was 275 for 2 hours. It was great, moist chicken, it had a light smokey flavor the only problem was the seasoning. I could taste more of the salt and other flavors, more so than when i cook direct. I did season the same way I always do, so I will back off a little and see what happens. Thanks to everyone who posts here, it great to here other ideas and get advise when needed

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,974
    Try some of the new Dizzy Pig salt free products for your rub. We love it and we're NOT on a salt free diet either.

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/news.htmlscroll down just a bit on the page and you'll see the announcement and some links.