Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I\'ll Be Dogged !

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 9:18PM in EggHead Forum
DSC05627JPGaa.jpg

I was all set for a burger and wanted to test out some turkey sausages I bought today, but we only had hot-dog buns. So, I hand-rolled some beef skinnies (that had chopped onion, garlic and some Egg Beaters for a binder) and had a beef dog and a turkey dog.

Here I am about mid way through the sampling....

DSC05631JPGaa.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Question about the skinnies: Did you disassemble the turkey sausages? Or did it come as a bulk package? The onion/garlic mix sounds like it would be really nice in a sausage.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC05620JPGa.jpg

No, the sausages were Honeysuckle white brand and were links. I just cooked the one for a test. Very low fat compared to pork sausages. Nice flavor too. They also come in "sweet".

The skinnies were made from 90/10 ground beef, so the onion was really for more moisture and the Egg Beaters were needed to make them sticky enough to form. Higher fat ground beef skinnies can be rolled just like pork skinnies or fatties.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Ahhhh...thanks for the clarification! I had it backwards and thought that the skinnies were the turkey sausages! I appreciate the info.
  • EggliciousEgglicious Posts: 150
    Yummy, I will be right over for some leftovers.

js
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    Hamdogs...gotta love it. Adapt and overcome. Good looking cooks.
  • Wayne you always come up with great cooks. Thats what I love about your site. I see you got the peppers there also to finish it off. Nice Cook