Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jack & Ginger Cedar Planked Salmon

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was some of the best salmon I ever had. Add some Jack Daniels to a Reynolds vacuum bag and the salmon. Then take 3 cloves of minced garlic 1 Tbls of minced fresh ginger 2 Tbls of brown sugar and 1/2 Tbls of kosher salt black pepper and mash. Soaked the salmon for an hour then apply the mash.
IMG_0250-1.jpg

Cedar planked at 400 direct for about 20 minutes. Served with Cedar Planked Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes an grilled raddicchico with EVOO and Nantucket Off Shore Garden Rub.
IMG_0252.jpg

I only soaked the plank for about 30 minutes and got much more cedar smoke than my first attempt. Even the store bought mashed tators were very good but the salmon is a keeper.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i love the
    Cedar Planked Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes

that slayes me :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :laugh: :cheer:

salmon sounds great though

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Bente:

LOL I know I was pushing it but the wife is traveling tonight and I've got me and two dogs and four birds to feed. Normally I have some help.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    hey i am with you there!! but it was the first time i had heard that... and i really did laugh.. thanks

although it is a good idea... usually when i buy stuff i will "dress"it up somehow

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    showed the 24 yr old critic/bottomless pit your pics. we will make this soon... he balked at the bob evans taters till i explained how this could be an afterwork cook with 'on time dinner'. given that salmon and jack are two of his favorite things...... thanks for the pics and the ideas. i think this will be a keeper
    bill