Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

photobucket security review

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
for those of you who have not read yesterdays threads regarding slide shows and photobucket privacy, the short version is as follows:
the default setting is public. if you have not gone to acct options and selected private anyone[meaning anyone with a computer or internet capable cell phone] can view your whole album, purchase prints and have your pics sent to their cell phone.

http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=40&catSelected=f&topicID=651

long version.
i started this trying to figure out how to make a slide show and post it... it is easy . members noted they were able to click into my whole acct...big deal i thought, as did several others. they are just egg pics..as the afternoon progressed it became clear how easy it was for me to get into anyones public album. many of us have pictures of our homes and children. you do not even need a photobucket acct to get into a public album.
thanks to all those who helped by responding to my posts and my applogies to those whose albums i 'snooped' they know who they are.

conclusion. it is easy to switch to private, imho you should. slide shows are fun and easy
i think those with "how to photobucket' instructions should edit to include...go to acct options> select private before up loading your first pic.
private bill

Comments