Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

appologizes to all joggers.........

tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We live on a busy street, busy with walkers and runners. We've lived here long enough where I recongize the "regulars" and those "with life changing plans". January is real busy!

It never really hit me until tonight when I saw this dude jogging. You could tell by his pace and technique, this fella was on a life changing mission.....drop pounds, improve the diet and such. He was moving but easy to see it was hard for him in the heat. Hell had to be close to 100.

While watching him, it hit me.....the wind from the egg is blowing right at this fella. Dang, I instantly felt for the guy.....here he is trying to improve his life and all he can smell is sweet BBQ smoke and savory chicken. I'm betting BBQ is off this fella's menu.

So to that guy and all other runners who have to indure the smells of BBQ while logging the steps, I appologize for tempting you......

Here is picture halfway through the cook. I just dropped the pan to go indirect when he ran past.
spatcockchicken002.jpg

just off the egg, wife liked it.
spatcockchicken004.jpg
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    That is funny. We had a contest earlier this year and as part of the city's festivals they had a 5k and a 10k run. Well, wouldn't you know it, the path for the runners came right down 2 of the three streets that had teams on both sides of the road. And it was like at 8am so you had the smell of ribs, brisket and pork all going at the same time. Now the poor 10k runners had to run that route twice.
  • guzzijason
    guzzijason Posts: 143
    That's what I call motivation! For me, it's quite simple... I like food way too much not to exercise. If I didn't bike or hit the gym now and again, I'd be so obese I'd need to wash myself with a rag on a stick... and I can't have that. The bottom line: the more I exercise, the more I can eat... and I want to eat it all! :P

__Jason
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Wife just reminded me, I can't spell.....like that is headline news......my apologies
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Was Chubby one of them? Have you talked to him? He had a small problem.

Mike
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    That's a great story. Fortunately for them, you aren't offering samples. It's amazing how many people will break a diet for food they smell coming from egg!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Tom,

The chicken looks great! I'll bet that guy picked up the pace so that he could make it home to go fire up his cooker :) I guess you served as an inspiration for that fella to make it home so that he could get started on his cook.
  • Nice looking bird. You are the reason I got me a indoor bicycle so I could avoid these temptations during my life changing phase.

Lazydog B)
  • Scott, This Christmas I had a guy that was on a 2 year vegetarian stent throw in the towel for some pulled pork. It was a proud moment. Scott
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    My oldest son is a runner. He frequently wears a heart monitor. One of its functions is it can calculate calories burned. A recent workout, he said he burned almost 4,000 calories. Says he eats all he wants. Kinda makes me wish I could still run. :woohoo: