Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spring chicken repairs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sir,

All of us here at outhowse pennsylvania [that would be me]. wish you a successful outcome from tomorrows repair proceedures to the cartilagenous spacer discs that are between the calcium phosphate sections of your flexibe support column that protects the main trunk of your extra-cranial neural network. or as you referred to this operation "keel overhaul"

one of my recent tasks has been to study the spiritual prctices of this planets inhabitants. i will include a request for your rapid and succesful recovery when i engage in tonights communication ritual.

good luck , sir

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Sir!

Fellow agent outhowse pennsylvania reflects my feeling very well.

The assimilation has continued but, deep down I still feel the tug of Command from time to time.

was able to "borrow" some old photos I will forward via this forum. They depict a certain chicken in his younger days you received from Sundown.

Best of luck with the repairs Sir!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    As Elvis would say, "Thank you. Thank you verry much."

Yes, only 22 time units remain in the countdown to my keel overhaul, 24 if you count the overhauling. I'm looking forward to someone telling Spring Hen that, "He took a lick'n but now he's a better Chick'n."

I've got things to do around the Chicken Ranch before the Coop Party and it needs doing.

Won't know 'til it's over whether or not I can sit long enough to submit dark period reports. Could be my gray matter will be a bit screwed up due to the pain food and won't let me carry out my duties in my normally efficient manner. Not to worry, other Eggents will take up the cause... 'cause I'm gonna be a'sleep'n as much as I can during the first phew dark/light periods.

But today life goes on with some tree dudes who are set on removing the last stand of my forest. Then it will be quiet and I will be at peace.

Spring "Going From Being Patient to Being A Patient Is Quite A Process" Chicken
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    SC,

Holler if you or Mrs. Hen need help with anything--we're just up 290 from you guys. Best of luck with the procedures.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Sitting with a cushion against my lower back felt great but walking was my aching problem for a couple of weeks. I used a walker for a week or so after the operation. My problem was that my left leg would give out causing me to almost fall.
    Hope that the operation takes any and all pain away.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I will take up the slack on the cuba libres while you are recovering - I know you wouldn't want Bacardi's stock price to suffer. Aren't you glad you have so many friends that will make sacrifices and fill in for you. :laugh:

Here is to a successful keel overhaul and speedy recovery. eatdrink003.gif
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Best wishes Leroy! Please ask your bride to give us an update when she can.

We'll put you in the prayers tonite!
  • Chuck_K
    Chuck_K Posts: 47
    Options
    Leroy,

Best of luck to you. My wife had the same "keel overhaul" performed. She was walking in a day (they made her) and after 8 weeks is now allowed to do what ever she wants to, within reason.

This is the first time in 20 years she is without pain due to her back. She has a little residual pain from the operation but the doctor assures her she will not have that much longer.

I too will lift you and your surgical team up in prayer tomorrow morning.