Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1:30 AM Forum Check

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,251
edited 9:27AM in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who find limited solace in alternative grills but secretly want an Egg.

Early to recharging station, early to rise, especially when signaled to do so in a hasty manner in order to avoid a catastrophic biofluid spill disaster. Such was the case only moments (specialized time units of non-specific but brief duration) ago when I was in deep dreamstate serving as the King's favorite torturer in the hell-hole dungeon known as Hell-Hole. I did not like what I was doing to other lifeforms but could not extract myself from my position without becoming Number 2's favorite plaything. It was then that the plumbing sensors alerted me to pending problems within the confines of me. I responded by switching off dreamstate, detaching myself from the recharging device and activating the personalized transporters that carried me toward the facility maintenance department whereas I quickly located the most applicable porcelain device in which to aim and pulled the release lever immediately transferring said biofluid from point 'A' to point 'B'. This was followed by the mandatory audible expressing relief.

Having successfully saved the dark period from disaster I then proceeded to the food preparation area to check the performance of the refrigeration unit's interior illuminator as directed in Chapter 10, Part 202, Sub-Part A-402, Words 1 through 4,892 of the Operating Manual (with illustrations A-402-1, A-402-2, A-402-3 and A-402-4.). The illuminator was functioning properly.

I then ambled to the external observation portal where I peeked in the direction of the Coop, Rodney Dangerbird's official dark period security post. I did not see him in his usual location so I scanned portward by .00294 clicks and immediately discovered his whereabouts. He was equipped with a hammer and saw and was in the process of trying to learn their usage. Apparently, he and Miss Mona are contemplating the construction of a nest. I'm sure there will be more to this new adventure but he spotted me and waved that security was good.

I took a moment to ponder the effects of my pending temporary absence and thought of no reason why the planet can't continue on without me. Hummmmm!!!

Finally, I strolled on over to the communications center to review recent reports from other Eggents and discovered that 16 Members and 121 Guests had taken up positions on the board but only one or two of them were in a chatty mode. The rest were no doubt 'extracting' rather than 'injecting' data. So be it, I'm satisfied that I can be done without and will therefore return to the recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Pending Problem" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Did you call the Loved One?

Mike
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,251
    Yep! Twice. Left msgs both times. Spring Hen called too. No response.

Do you have any other information other than his encounter with the garage floor?

Spring "In The Dark" Chicken
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    The statuary beat him up to. LOL He is fine, sore, just not looking good. Like did, he ever look good? LOL

I'm going to have to miss the coop. My parents 50th is that weekend and I posed to cook. Rain checks?

Mike
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,251
    Sorry you can't come but we completely understand why. But when you're not here we talk about you LOL... Even so, we'll still miss you.

Rain Checks are always available. The entire Coop staff is on standby just waiting for an excuse to turn on the "OPEN" sign when there's nothing else going on.

Our sincere congratulations to your parents. 50 years probably means that you were raised well.

Now I'm off to finalize some more sawdust stuff before they shut me down.

Spring "70 Hours And Count'n 'til The Cutt'n" Chicken