Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coke theory

Options
Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I never have used Coke with reheating pulled pork. Can someone talk to me like I'm 4 and convince me? How much to add, and how to do it?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    some use a half to full can in a crockpot but thats just a little too sweet for me. i like to mix it 50/50 with low sodium chicken broth and add a couple tablespoons when i vacuum pack for the freezer which is how i most often use it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    Coke is some amazing stuff. I used to think it was just urban legend, but about a year ago we encountered a toilet that was 3 years dirty.... I'll leave it at that. I picked up 4 2 liter bottles of coke, filled the bowl, and a few hours later, after a flush or two, it looked brand new. No one could believe it....

It will tenderize anything you add it to, so use it accordingly.
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Options
    I got some advice on here not to long ago about the Coke on pulled pork. Went with the advice and it worked!! I put a can of Coke per each butt, so one Coke to about 6 pounds of meat worked fine for me.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Ever try putting ice cubes in a glass, and pouring the Coke in with it? It's actually pretty darn good!
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    I add enough liquid to make the PP moist. Coke, Root Beer or even tap water, then microwave until hot and strain. Put on a plate and add sauce to taste. Bun or on a plate....fine stuff B) Never had a complaint yet :P