Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:27 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who need enlightenment and guidance in the ways of the world.

I was in dreamstate somewhere in the middle of a desert during the dark period. My visualizers were ineffective in searching for a path so I looked up for guidance and saw the Milky Way, or as we call it at HQ, the "Back Forty." Nice layout. I could then tell by the alignment of certain star systems that I should come to a heading of 249.225°. After only one progressive movement in that direction I happened upon a large carnegiea gigantea. It was not a pleasant encounter. After some ineffective defensive moves on my part I determined that I would let it continue its journey and I would simply delay my travel until the light period when I could use my visualizers more effectively. I switched to horizontal mode to better take in the universe. But while I was observing the potential reassignment destinations and pondering what it would be like there, the plumbing alert activated and instantly switched me back to "Now Mode" and a real-life emergency in the making.

I knew the path from the carbon unit recharging station to the maintenance facility quite well and immediately proceeded in that direction. Within a few basic time units I was within range of the porcelain furniture in the facility maintenance department. The emergency pressure release lever was pulled, instantly turning off the annoying alert and signaling the satisfactory completion of the mission.

From there I moved to the food preparation area to confirm the operation of the refrigeration illuminator. The journey was uneventful and I found it to be performing up to specifications. Then a thought appeared in my gray matter. What if the illuminator isn't working? What do I do then? It had been so long since a completed the course on refrigeration illumination inspection that I cannot recall what actions I should take. Note to file: find and read the manual on refrigeration illumination inspection and follow-up action.

Then I proceeded to the external viewing portal where I immediately saw Rodney Dangerbird and Miss Mona dancing. Well, more like 'she' was dancing and he was just standing there exercising his options. I had the feeling I was interrupting something that may occur later on so I slowly backed away from the portal and moved on. If security was being tested Rodney would have jumped at the chance to fire off a crow or two.

Finally, I made my way to the Com-Center and checked the Forum. Lots of reports while I was making sawdust so I didn't get to review all of them. I did spend some valuable time reading Desert Filly's account of some 'ugly' bovine part she purchased and prepared for her own personal carbon unit. Her account was followed by an assortment of comments as to the proper name and source of said bovine part. There was even a 'throwdown' mentioned for the after-party in Atlanta next Eggtoberfest. First 'throwdown' I've seen mentioned on the Forum. Cool...

Also, there was joy in the Wolf Den, as plans were being made to attend Eggtoberfest. That's a good thing.

A quick glance at the Forum's activity at precisely 01.27/24th of an Earth rotation indicated that Eggent Grandpa's Grub was covering things, although he didn't appear to have much to do among the mostly silent 15 Members and 128 Guests who were probably trying to catch up on reading the reports. With that I shall take it as a sign that I should return to horizontal and reattach myself to the recharging device in order to accumulate as much energy as possible for the morrow's activities.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Once Was Enough To Check Out The Other Side Of The Road" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments