Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's dinner

Options
ewillie
ewillie Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm still new to my Egg, and have had a couple of good cooks, and a couple of so-so cooks. I'm not giving up, however.

I have a whole chicken on a stand with rub, onions in aluminum foil and a boullion cube, and a few ears of corn.

Hoping for the best as I enjoy a cigar and cold beer while watching my dome temp, holding nicely at 450.

I'll let you know how it comes out. Erik

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I started out cooking some chicken quarters at 250° yesterday, but bumped up the temp to 400° to get some crispy skin. Oh yeah, I was running an indirect setup with the spider/pizza stone, and the adjustable rig with the drip pan on the bottom rack.

Sorry, no pics from yesterday's cook...
  • ewillie
    Options
    Chicken was good, tho the skin got too dark (Mrs. ewillie dinking around, not on top of the mashed potato and gravy prep).

Corn was outstanding, and the onions went a little long, but the flavor was tremendous.

Still learning, but I need a full on success to feel better about all this.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    The important question - what kind of cigar?

Post pics of that finished bird.
  • ewillie
    Options
    I dug deep in the humidor and had a Montecristo. I like some of the Rocky Patels and am open minded as far as JR Cigar and Cigar International specials.

Smoking and smoking, what a combo! Erik