Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Another to Join the Cult

Chuck_KChuck_K Posts: 47
edited 2:10AM in EggHead Forum
Last week I was in my oncologist's office for a treatment. I was wearing my Big Green Egg tee shirt I got from Alan Katz.

My doctor walks by and asks, "Is that a Big Green Egg on your shirt?"

I affirmed to him it was

He then asks, "Why do I want one of those?"

My eyes got large, my heart started beating faster, and I went into my spiel about the virtues of cooking on a BGE.

He said, "Oh." and walked away.

I was crushed. I missed a chance to bring another "into the fold".

Today I was back there and he says to me, "You have me convinced." He turned to his assistant and said, "If you talk to these people it is like a cult. Once you ask about their BGE they go fanatic." I assured her while that is true there is just cause for our fanaticism. Her comment back to me was, "I don't know. The proof is in the eating."

Next week I will bring in some samples for the whole office to try. I think I can bring several others into the cult too!

Comments

• HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    The shirts sell eggs. BGE Corp. is smart. They know the value of advertisement. By not worrying about some cheep aftermarket shirts, they get more egg sales. I can only tell you how many people have asked about it after seeing the shirt. I personally know of 3 people that I did not know, went to the local dealer and bought an egg. It's a fun product to talk about.
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    It's my sleep apnea doctor and staff that I take pulled pork to. But I took an expensive bottle of Burgundy to my sugeon. Wish I could get him talking about grilling. He only saved my life. I know where you're coming from, my friend.