Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

mesquite and ribs

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,002
edited 3:24AM in EggHead Forum
did some last night with a big chunk of cherry and a handful of mesquite, never liked that stuff and the bags been sitting there for years. best ribs ive had in years off the egg. cant wait to add some too a butt cook. why all of a sudden did i like the mesquite, did i burn out my tastebuds with hickory and need the boost in flavor. did them 300 for about 3.5 hours raised grid direct to get them done faster than usual, didnt hurt a thing.

Comments

• I go back and forth with mesquite and hickory and am just now finding how some of the fruit woods can help flavor of various meats. What a great tool this egg is!

Good eggin'
    -Paul
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Im in the same boat. Got a bag of mesquite thats been under my cabinet for years. Never use it. You got me wondering now. :huh: