Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs- Becoming a favorite

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started with 4 healthy beef ribs rubbed with mustard and DP's cow lick. Egg is 250 indirect for the whole cook.

101_2140.jpg

After 3 1/2 hours foiled the wife's with a bit of apple juice. Trying mine for a longer cook.

101_2141.jpg

Wife's unfoiled after an hour and ready to finish mine are still naked :blush:

101_2142.jpg

Wife's with Raspberry Chipotle for the last 30 min. finish and mine in foil now.

101_2143.jpg

Wife's plated (she still doesn't understand the picture thing but humor's me anyway). Mine have exactly 4.25 beers to go (another thing she doesn't understand) While I'm typing this she is saying how good they are. I think she still loves me. :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

101_2144.jpg

Thank You to thirdeye as this is based or the recipe on his site.

Comments

• VictoryRay
    VictoryRay Posts: 18
    Options
    those look REEEEAALLLYYY good!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    4.25 beers to go? :laugh: My babybacks have been on for 2.5. I can't find decent beef ribs.
    I finally have a neighbor that appreciates the egg. He doesn't have one and probably won't get one for awhile but fun to talk to. :)

Mike
  • Fireball II
    Fireball II Posts: 213
    Options
    I like you Mike there are not any good beef ribs in AR. either. My neighbors want me to cook and they just show up, great neighbors still.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    I've got a butcher that always has great one's and will hand pick the biggest ones for me. Have a dry ice plant close by so might be able to ship you some. Are you gonna make Atlanta??
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    This guy is in his early 20s. He will get a few ribs tonight and introduced to Fatties. :ohmy: Then pig candy next weekend.
    You going to try and go to Springfield?

Mike
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Pat,those ribbies look great.Your table in the background also lookin good :woohoo: Thanks for giving PBM my #.I just had a great conversation with a total stranger(not anymore) :woohoo: Mike is a super-nice guy,and I can't wait till October to meet you both :)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Fred Flinstone would love those.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    I keep Fred busy with these 2# country ribs. No way he's getting the beef :angry::angry: :woohoo:

101_2109.jpg
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Don't know, I'm really torn. I'm catering my parents 50th Wedding Ann. on the 11th. Then Broc asked me to help him on the 18th. Denver is on my mind right now.

Mike
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    They sure look good. I have been thinkin of trying Bobby Flay's "Cracked Pepper Crusted Beef Ribs".
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Looks like I'm probably heading up with PBM. If your gonna be there let me know and I'll carry some up.
  • Fireball II
    Fireball II Posts: 213
    Options
    They look great Pat, send some pics when ready.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    This is the 3'rd time I tried thirdeye's with minor tweaks. They keep getting better and thanks to thirdeye for the start. Gotta go cause slow drinking may throw off the timing. :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P .
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Nice looking ribs there Pat. How do you cook so much and stay so skinny ? Or you just don't eat your own cooking. HA HA

Call me when you get a chance, I call you but I don't know if the time is right.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thanks fire but those were last week. Here's the final of the Flinstone ribs

101_2115.jpg
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    They look great,Pat! So now that you've tried them, head to head, which method is better, Foil or no foil? I've got some beef ribs that need to be eaten up.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    It's the veggies Mike. Hops, Rice, Barley (also known as budweiser) :ermm: :ermm:.
    Mike you can call my cell anytime but home number before 8 pm. Wendy gets up early for work.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Mike, Looking forward to meeting you in Denver. Are you cookin? It will be my first eggfest. Way excited!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    I think you need to foil (mine are still going) but left mine naked for an hour more than the wifes. Total will be 3 1/2 hrs before foiling for 1 hr for the wifes then 30 min more to finish. Mine are going 4 1/2 then foil.
    Wife loved hers & I'll let you know about mine. We did use the Chipotle for the finish and wife loved it.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I'm not driving 8-9 hours to observe. :woohoo: You cooking?

Mike
  • cookn biker
    Options
    No want to soak the whole eggsperience in for the first time. I am getting a large demo. Cant wait for that!
    Where are you coming from, I forgot.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Kansas City area, just depends on where I land the night before I leave. :woohoo:
    You'll wish you were cooking. I could always use help with crowd control. :)

Mike
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You know that I will be there for you. I have all day!
    I would be proud!!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    You have mail.

Mike
  • cookn biker
    Options
    No I dont
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Then send me one. I just checked your profile, that one not working?

Mike
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Good looking cook. For some reason, not sure why, but I'm thinking....watching football when I see those babies.....
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Thanks, I'll be looking for the update. That sauce is soooo good!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Get it?
    MOlly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Those look incredible - I have never done beef ribs but everytime I see a picture like that - man oh man. Great pics!

jason