Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Picnic Pork Shoulders

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, Have been a lurker for a long time and have found a wealth of info which has helped with some amazing cooks over the last month with my new LBGE.
Last night at 11 pm I put on 2 - 4.5 lbs picnic shoulders after stabilizing egg temp at about 200. I thought that a lower temp than the typical 240 would allow me a good nights sleep and I would have the shoulders ready by 9 am or so to place in foil and store in my cooler for a few hours before pulling. Well I got up at 7am to check on things and found the dome at about 190 and internal about 156. I bumped the dome temp to 240 and it has stayed there since. It is now 11 am and my two 4.5 pound shoulders have been on for 12 hours and current internal temp is at 183. Will the extra few hours of cooking time dry out the meat? Should I pull earlier than 200 internal?
Thanks for any advise!!

Comments