Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum assistance requested

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Apparently all my previous settings are lost and I'm trying to figure out how to reset them. The "help" link at the top (above the choices of forum views) doesn't seem to be active. I've tried resetting my profile but nothing changes. So . . .

I only want to see the message list (in last 25 format.) Can someone help me or point me to the instructions?

How do I set the viewing font size so it'll stick?

How do I get rid of the list of forum members on the left side?

How do I dump the stuff on the right side.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    you're not the Lone Ranger! As you confirmed last night it looks like you and I are in the same boat - I still have to do the wheelie thing to blow up the screen!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I just switched to the eggheadforum and can at least read the font now. Give that a try.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=474382&catid=1
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    There should be a line of buttons in the upper right of your screen. As you scroll over then they give you a clue what they do. The 4th one from the right should "show left" which will let you see the "who's online" list. Similarly, you can get rid of the righthand stuff. Play around with it.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Haggis,

We removed some "old" code yesterday. We didn't realize how many were still using the old menu items to access the site.

You should be able to get everything right by clicking on the "Home" menu item. That should get you to the new template which has a "Quickstart" visible on the home page. You can also find the quickstart under the "Help" menu item (in the menu bar -- not the forum specific help).

You can collapse both the left and right side modules, even the header. The Eggfest banners and "Update central" are also collapsable. All of this is covered in the "Quickstart".
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Thanks for the comeback. Things changed all at once and I was flailing about looking for the fix. Your response (and Stanley's) helped me fix the boo-boo and I feel all better now.

Thanks again.