Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anybody tried this source for lump?

Options
run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
http://www.charcoalstore.com/products/Wicked-Good/CH-1234.html

$50 for 40 pounds of Wicked Good Weekend Blend - delivered. BTW - their price for one 6.6 pound bag not including shipping is $4.95 - I guess that means the 'free' shipping is abut $3.35 per bag.

I'm paying $18 for the large (20 pound?) bag of BGE at my local store.

What do you think?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    If you can get it locally for $36 per 40 pounds, why would you order it online and pay 40% more?
  • run4jc
    Options
    Duh - of course I wouldn't pay more!

I don't know that I can get it locally for $36. I can't find it here in Northern Virginia - if there is anyone in the DC area who knows where I can find it locally please let me know.....
  • Fidel
    Options
    Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were getting WW for $18 a bag - that is the price here for a bag of WW lump. BGE lump is quite a bit less than that in the Atlanta area.

Have you checked the Wicked Good site for a retail location? Also, ACE Hardware carries their stuff, you may be able to get an ACE store to order some for you.
  • run4jc
    Options
    Please don't apologize - my bad. Internet nerd that I am I should have done the search as you said. I just 'stumbled' onto the site with the price I quoted.

I did find a hardware store on the WW site - the store is 30 minutes from my office and 45 minutes from my home.

Hope all is well back in my old home area. I was home purchase #170 in Hamilton Mill back before it got so HUGE!

How's Lake Lanier these days?
  • Fidel
    Options
    Lanier is 15' down and dropping - lowest point ever at this point in the year since the dam was finished. Not good at all.

I have several good friends in Hamilton Mill. I live just off HamMill Rd and Camp Branch. Lived in the area about 10 years now.
  • -=mirko=-
    -=mirko=- Posts: 54
    Options
    You think that's bad? Check this out...

If you order 35 20LB bags to get the $7.99 per bag price ($279.65 Total) and select Next Day Air for shipping. The shipping alone is $5,214.30! :blink:

From Here...
    http://www.webstaurantstore.com/royal-oak-natural-wood-lump-charcoal-20lb-bag-/688CLUMP.html

LOL