Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for Dr. BBQ

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dr. B, I made your Big Time BBQ Sauce today and my question is: Can I freeze it? I know it keeps well in the fridge but I want to travel with it and if I freeze it, it'll thaw out on the long drive down (7 hours in a cooler on ice the first day, back into the freezer, 10 hours back in the cooler the next day and thawed out in time for dinner the following night). I've got 6 pulled porks frozen and ready for the trip as well.

It seems like it should freeze just fine. Have you ever frozen in?

Thanks,
Gwen

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    might want to consider dry ice. and fill the extra space in the cooler with packing pills for extra insulation. dry ice gives off CO2. if you have a small car a little vetilation every so often is wise. but it will be frozen solid when you arrive home and it can stay in the cooler the whole time.
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Hi Gwen,
    I don't think I've ever done it but it should work out just fine. It may separate but if it does just warm it up and whisk it a little and it should be good as new. Let me know how it works out if you try it.

Hope all is well. PNW Eggfest is on my calendar as of now!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    Glad to hear you'll be at PNW Eggfest - see you there!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    I'll let you know how it works then.

Glad to hear we are still on the calendar for your attendance at PNW Eggfest!

Gwen
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    That's a good idea. Dry ice is really hard to get here, except at certain times of the year. I live on an island off the coast of Washington State and we have limited resources. I might look for it on stops along the way tho.

Gwen