Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

final temp versus pull temp

Options
Blazer
Blazer Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In general... how much will internal meat temperature rise after removing from the GBE? If I want to cook something to 170 degrees, do I pull it at 165? 160?

Does it depends on the thickness of the meat?

Is it different for chicken, pork, beef?

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Hummmmmm. Good question. I think the only one I'm concerned with is beef...like prime rib. The doneness of a prime rib is a lot more critical IMHO. Everyone seems to have an opinion and a preference with it. Therefore, I get about 8 more degrees out of foiling and resting it.

Pulled pork...I only let it rest so the juices will re-distribute. Once it reaches 200*, I'm not concerned with temperature.

Chicken...not sure. I pull boneless, skinless breasts at about 150* and serve it right away. I find that under-cooked chicken won't get corrected by resting. To me, it's gotta be right when I pull it.

These are only my opinions. You might find different results.