Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Kinda, But I Have A Pasta Question

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not going to use the Egg tonight, rather I'm making pasta. I usually use all Semolena, but it seems to come out a little "grainy". Would it be good to throw in maybe half all-purpose flour and half Semolena?

Thanks for the help. Wife's going to be surprised when there's no BBQ on the table.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have done that before

i have actually made it with all all-pourpose flour but i think it was egg noodles so reaqlly not the same

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I really cannot relate to the comment about the pasta made with semolina being grainy, but I have made plenty of pasta with regular flour when the semolina was not available and it was fine.

Regular flour takes less liquid (Egg) than semolina, so you need to adjust he recipe. I do not have an exact ratio, but would think it would be 1/3less.
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    I always go 50/50. Turns out great :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Boxerpapa,

Are you using a machine? If so then just throw wheat flour on the board every time you run it through. If it dries out use a little egg wash and let it sit for a few minutes. Toss the flour over it before you run it through again.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON