Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE...Here I Come !

hunting99
hunting99 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to start off by thanking everyone for the endless info on the BGE. After lurking the forum for what seems like a decade I dove into purchasing my LG BGE. Now with egg in hand I am ready for the cooking to commence. I plan on doing some lower heat cooks to avoid gasket issues and eventually see where that takes me. Last thing, Im not sure what the buzz is in other parts of the country, but I found that in New Jersey the BGE is kinda unknown. I did find that after telling people about my purchase those who didn't know about it, now want to !

Thanks Again

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Congrats on your new hobby.
    Maybe after your gasket is cured, you should have a pizza party, showing showing some of the folks there how they can make incredible wood fired oven pizza in their backyard.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Its not the place so much. Altho here in No. Indiana most people just look puzzled when I tell them I have a ceramic cooker called the Big Green Egg, some new in-laws up from Florida were also rather surprised. Unlike the local folks, most of whom only cook out in the summer on propane, my Floridian relative did give long appraising looks at my Eggs.

Happy Egging. Soon you too will be able to puzzle neighbors when you tell them you'll be cooking out in zero weather.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Congrats, and welcome to the EggNation! We look forward to hearing about/seeing some of your handiwork.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Congrats on the EGG purchase.

For me one of the most easy first cooks is a spatchcock chicken, and it has amazing results.

Greg
  • Axeman
    Axeman Posts: 24
    You'll love cookin on the egg, my other grills are collecton dirt now, what ever you do dont cook for friends or neighbors you'll be cookin for them ever week LoL, :laugh: Good luck and welcome your going to love it.
  • Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    When I first set my LBGE in it's nest on the back patio, one neighbor asked if it was a planter and the other asked if it was a ceramic water barrel. Now both sides hang out as "extras" on most weekend cooks. Welcome and have fun. rc