Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple egg accessory

Options
johnvb
johnvb Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lovin my new egg, cooking on it every chance I get :)

The egg took the place of a Weber kettle, and is superior to the kettle in so many ways.

But one thing I realized right off the bat, there was nowhere to hang the grid, when accessing underneath, for chips, or to place the platesetter. The Weber had handles built into their grid, which could be hung on the side of the kettle.

No problem now...

p1000436bg6.th.jpg
p1000435de1.th.jpg

All I have to do now is figure out how to properly post pics here :blush:

Comments

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    The Weber hook for the cooking grate is brilliant. I have a Performer next to my egg and the hook on the end of it does for both grates, only problem is when I'm lighting the chimney on the performer to dump into the egg because it won't take both grates at once.
    DSC_0707.jpg
    Sorry about the photo - it was getting dark.

I have the spring band reatining bit still attached to my lower band in case I ever need it - I keep thinking of making a little hook on the back there for the grate.

Now as for the hot platesetter ......
    (mind you underneath the Performer does well)

Love that nice solid hook you have added.

btw - nice photos too.
  • johnvb
    Options
    "Now as for the hot platesetter ......"

Yea, I have the factory compact cart, so there is not much room underneath for another patio block to set my platesetter when it's hot. I plan on building or buying a companion table for the cooker, one I can mount an umbrella on, but not be attached to the BGE table.

I got the "hook" out of my junk box. In another life, I was a commercial food service tech. It's actually a left over part of a walk-in reefer box door closer.

http://www.refrigeration-equipment.com/shop/catalog/Hydraulic-Door-Closer-p-16139.html
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    johnvb,

I corrected the picture links.

You don't need the "[ url ]" ... "[ / url ]" tags to post an image; and, I changed from "[ img = picture link ]" to "[ img ]" picture link "[ / img ]". That seems to have done it.

Note: spaces added to the tags above to prevent their being expanded in this post. You shouldn't put the spaces in your tags.
  • johnvb
    Options
    Thank you Sir!, I'll save this page for future reference.
  • Gandy Dancer
    Gandy Dancer Posts: 273
    Options
    This LINK may help you.

Leo
    Williston, FL