Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Degree sign

beebeeQbeebeeQ Posts: 15
edited 1:13PM in EggHead Forum
To get the degree sign (°)Hold down Alt key and type in the numbers 248
You learn something new everyday!! Have a good one.


  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Note also that you have to use the numbers on the numeric keypad, not the numbers across the top.
    The Naked Whiz
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Or, if you are on a Mac, try Option-Shift-8
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    But you have to use the numbers across the top, not the number pad
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    "Ain't got no stinkin' number pad!" says the MacBooker.
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    If you are on a Intel Laptop you have to hold the "Fn" key too.. Just much easier to type "degs"
  • PdubPdub Posts: 234
    Check out the extended ascii table, the trick seems to works for any symbol in it, ╠╣║
  • porcheggporchegg Posts: 47
    Thanks for the tip. I've always wondered about that.
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    using windows > click start>click all programs>highlight accesories>system tools>character map select the symbol you want and at the bottom of the box it will tell you the key strokes to use lots of 'neat stuff' like
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.