Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Bassal chicken w/a twist

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off I want to appoligize for not being as active on forum and responding to all the great cooks I have been checking out real quick the last couple weeks. There are so many new folks posting great cooks as well as the old timers its hard to keep up especially since I can't surf at work now. Everything has been so wide open of late I have not had time to cook much. My Dad has had double bypass and three stints in the past and they thought he had more blockage on an ecocartagram he had last week. We had to go to Little Rock with him yesterday for an a catherization of heart and think the good Lord every thing looked great. However on way up I rode HArley and poured gas all over bike which stained cases as well as thought I felt a "knock" in the primary. I did not build a double 100 motor just to sit in there and if you understand Harleynees as I'm sure Fidel does I have knocked my compensator loose before. Heading out west in 3 weeks and don't need any supprises so pulled my primary this afternoon. Everything looked good so buttened it up and cleaned up the cases. All this to say I didn't have time to Egg today so my wife tryed her hand at Egging ribs. Never cooked anything before. She will post a cook soon and took all pics and will type herself. She has never cooked,post or fooled with a computer before and is pretty timid about it but the ribs were great. I helped of course but she did most of it and am very proud of her. Below is a cook I did a couple days ago and just getting to posting.
Have been looking at the bassal chicken breast being done by everyone and looks great. However not a big butter fan but love EVOO so sub the EVOO for butter.

Made my sause of 5 leafs of bassel, three cloves garlic, one teaspoon salt, and EVOO to make liquid.
1stsjune081.jpg

First I did a quick 425 degree direct sear.
1stsjune083.jpg

Next coated with bassel sause and but on indirect at 300 to 165 degrees meat temp.
1stsjune084.jpg
1stsjune087.jpg

Made some more bassel sause and added fresh permeshion cheese to the mix. Spooned over breast and served. Great!
1stsjune089.jpg
1stsjune090.jpg

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    OK, did you mean Basil and Parmesan? -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I took it that way. :woohoo:

Mike
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Yea, You know my spell'en! :laugh: Any way it was good
    !
  • AZRP
    Options
    We got it, just makin sure you didn't invent something new. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Nope. Just subed EVOO for butter. Sides with my family history I can do w/o the butter! :P
  • AZRP
    Options
    If your trip west this year brings you to Tucson, you would be very welcome here. All we need is to know ahead of time. -RP
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Get that hog going, DP--your wife did a fine job with the ribs, as I saw earlier. That recipe you did sounds almost like a basil pesto, minus the pine nuts. I may have to fire up the food processor next week to try some of that.

Eating that jalapeno like that will hurt you, man :)
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    nice cook. you are a lucky man.. looks like you have some serious competition here. first try and....perfect ribs great pics mastered the computer all on the same day and she spells better than you too... :laugh:
    as far as the other 'loss' report that to your home owners ins. even if they do not cover it it will be applied to your deductable, and God forbid, but if you have another loss this year some of the deductable will already be covered
    did you get some rain for the pasture yesterday?
    bill
  • Unknown
    Options
    Learn to spell! Jeeez that was painful to read.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    At 42 its to late to start bad habits! Sides if I did spell everything right folks would think someone hacked into my account! ;)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Bird looks good JL. I never thought to sub EVOO for the butter.

I had my bike tore down last weekend myself - just normal crap like adjusting primary chain, dropping fluids, and new battery. I almost tore the heads off but didn't want to be tempted to swap them out once I have them off.

How did you spill gas all over it anyway - not paying attention while filling up?
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    No the dang pump wouldn't shut off. I actually had gas on my seat and down both sides of cases. Mine is the gray powder coat case and that green dye will screw them up fast! To top it off someone swipped 250 bucks worth of HD slickers off the back. Was Friday 13! :laugh: Dad was ok is the main thing. Got everything pollished out and componsator was tight as well as everything else looked good. Putting over 3k on it next month on the trip and don't need any superises 1000 miles away from home! ;)