Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am so proud of my wife!!

Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Before I left to meed the North Atl. guys I laid a fire in my egg for tonights butts. When I got home she had lit the fire, gotten it stable @ 250, had the butts rubbed and on the egg. Her FIRST COOK!! :P Now all I have to do is watch it till they are done tomorrow.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    My wife has yet to do anything egg related. She loves the food but I can't get her started. If I did she would cook on them while I am traveling.

Maybe later this year when it cools down she'll take interest. You're a lucky man.

Sorry I missed spending the afternoon with you Tom.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Wow,she's a keeper for sure.My wife wont even open one of my eggs.She just comes out and says,what's in there?UH
    ,,,dinner :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Well the bad news/good news is I think there is another egg in your future for the Mrs. This can be a good thing. WTG mrs. RR.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Kudos to your wife!! I just bought my first egg 2 weeks ago after giving one a test drive at a relatives. I'm completely addicted to this. My husband loves it too and we have to take turns making meals. He's trying doing an 8lb brisket for the 1st time. He's spent at least 10 hours online reading forums and going to different websites to find out exactly how to do this the right way. I really hope it turns out for his sake. It's a tough one I've heard. He took alot of pointer from Naked Whiz and Playing with fire and smoke. I'm sure it will be good.
    I'm really impressed with how nice and helpful everyone is on this forum. Glad I bought an egg, I really regret not getting an XL instead of the L. :(
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    I am on your same cathegory as far as wife description goes.... : :whistle::whistle: She is a marvelous cook in her kitchen but won´t touch the egg....loves the food though... :) .....but has little patience while waiting for the food to be ready...... :S .. we must. invent something for "waiting wives"... :woohoo: any suggestions????? that are not expensive... :laugh:
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    reelgem,

Be careful, you know that you are dealing with the fragile male ego. If the brisket don't turn out, you'd better mess up your next cook so he don't feel so bad. BTW congrats on being able to DIY.
  • Oledog
    Oledog Posts: 118
    My wonderful wife say's the egg and the forum is not a great site; it's a way of life!

Oledog
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    My wonderful wife INSISTED that I buy a BGE (cuz she knew that's what I had settled on after a couple of years of research). I doubt that she'll ever cook on it, but she enjoys the things I've cooked so far.
  • ccrider
    ccrider Posts: 11
    Tom,
    Watch out.
    If Karen learns to make your cobbler then you will be out of a job. Well, actually two.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    And the student becomes the master...
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Just curious why you would rather have an XL, I really think that once you get comfortable with the many setups available on the large you might change your mind. I can feed an awful lot of people with my large. You may look at getting another Egg down the road and be more flexible with two than you would have been with the XL. -RP