Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some WTH ribs tonight

Options
rxdawg
rxdawg Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just did two racks of spares, nothing now about the "how."

Coated in yellow mustard, applied Byron's Butt Rub with a little brown sugar added. Put em on indirect and finished with Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce.

They were good, but DANG those were the spiciest ribs I've ever made. I must have gotten to the bottom of the rub container with all the red pepper, or else my hickory in the fire came from an extra spicy tree.

Oh, and put a can of Bush BBQ beans in an aluminum pan on the egg for 30 minutes or so after taking the ribs off... Didn't even have to add anything, and those beans were high yummy.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I tend to add a liitle brown sugar, maple syrup, onions, mustard, burnt ends or pulled pork. And KC Masterpiece.

bbqbeans1.jpg

bbqbeans2.jpg

250 indirect with cherry wood. About 3 hours.
    Give it a try.

Mike
  • Mahi-Mahi
    Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
    Options
    I have made some of my best ribs with Butt Rub, BUT I switched from the small bottles to the middle size bottle of Butt Rub and did not realize it till after the next batch that the holes are alot bigger on the midsize bottle. And a lot more rub was apply to the ribs.Wow they were hot and I thought they must of goofed the batch up. I think you have to be careful as you put the rub on not to get the ribs too spicey or we both had the same batch. :laugh:

I now tape the holes half shut so it goes on at a slower rate when I am applying it.

I have also mixed it one to one with DR BQQ Big Time Rub to make a milder rub
  • Mahi-Mahi
    Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
    Options
    I have made some of my best ribs with Butt Rub, BUT I switched from the small bottles to the middle size bottle of Butt Rub and did not realize it till after the next batch that the holes are alot bigger on the midsize bottle. And a lot more rub was apply to the ribs.Wow they were hot and I thought they must of goofed the batch up. I think you have to be careful as you put the rub on not to get the ribs too spicey or we both had the same batch. :laugh:

I now tape the holes half shut so it goes on at a slower rate when I am applying it.

I have also mixed it one to one with DR BQQ Big Time Rub to make a milder rub
  • Egg-N-Tino
    Egg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    Options
    This is good to know and I will be mindful when doing my ribs with BUTT RUB. Got me a bottle of the spice about a month ago, used it on two butt cooks along with Dizzy Pig Coarse. The bark was awesome with just a little trailing heat. Butt Rub will be used, along with some Turbinado for the rib cook this weekend.