Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suewee pig......

Options
SmokeRing
SmokeRing Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's a pic of a 198 lb. wild hog I took off of our hunting lease this past Dec. I've already cooked the butts, ribs and tenderloins, but haven't decided how to do the picnics or the hams. Any suggestions?
100_0740Small.jpg

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    How where the butts?

Ron
  • SmokeRing
    SmokeRing Posts: 32
    Options
    They where delicious. We egged they at the hunting camp during an afternoon hunt. Didn't do a low and slow smoke on them. Put them on at lunch and pulled them off at dark when we came in after the hunt. Of course, I cleaned the hog myself and deboned all of the meat when I did. The different cuts are not as pretty as what you get in the store but they sure eat good.

Richard
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    'how they eat' is all that matters man...as for the picnics and hams..havent done any picnics but think they would low n slow real nice..the hams..there are a number of maple cured ham recipes for the egg around..given how good the store boughts I have done turned out...I'd say one of them would be the ticket on the hams ;)