Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Surf n Turf Soda Bread n Fresh Strawberries

Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made the old ribeye kabobs with fresh tiger shrimp again..we have this about once a month now! :woohoo: ...fixed the shrimp using RPs well known recipe...marinated the ribeye chunks in a soy/bourbon/blasamic marinade for a day or so...then tried the irish soda bread again..came out much better this time ;) ...
KabobsVeggiesnSodaBread002.jpg
did up some fresh veggies too..evoo, s&p, JH Raspberry Chipotle, and basted in some of the left over marinade used on the ribeye...
KabobsVeggiesnSodaBread004.jpg
KabobsVeggiesnSodaBread005.jpg

Finished it all off with some homemade egged shortcake and fresh strawberries... :woohoo:
KabobsVeggiesnSodaBread006.jpg
KabobsVeggiesnSodaBread007.jpg\

Good Eats! :laugh: :side: :silly: :P :woohoo:

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Now that's a meal :woohoo: AWESOME!!!!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Dang that looks great.

Mike
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwww....wish I could manage the cooking logistics of all this delicious looking dishes......Great photos.
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Nice job Sir ! The veggie pan is especially nice !
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Very nice 'tucky!! ;) What recipe are you using on the soda bread? Tweeking the one I did? Great color combo on the vegs also. A complete meal on the Egg! :whistle:
  • wyzeguy
    wyzeguy Posts: 6
    What is RPs recipe? The Shrimp look awesome and I would like to try it out.
  • Eggtucky
    Aye JL...still tweakin on the one you gave me...it's a very heavy bread..but i love the smell of the two flours baking..still working on it though.. ;)
  • Eggtucky
    Hey Wyze..this is the recipe I was talking about..I think RP actually gives credit for this recipe to someone else..but he popularized here on the egg forum ;)
    Shrimp, Grilled, Spicy, AZRP

I've made these at several fests now and am always asked, what did you put on these? Here it is. -RP

INGREDIENTS:
    1 15-20 Ct Lb Shrimp, peeled to the last section leaving the tail for a handle, butterflied
    2 Clove Garlic, minced
    1 tsp Kosher salt
    1 tsp Paprika
    1/2 tsp Cayene pepper
    2 tsp Lemon juice
    2 Tbs Olive oil

Cooking Directions:
    1 These shrimp are really killer. The recipe comes from a Mark Bittman cook book, and about the only thing you can do wrong with it is to over cook the shrimp, or try to use ones that are too small and they fall through the grid. I use the frozen U-15 ones from Sam's club. Take 1 tsp of kosher salt and 2 garlic cloves(minced) and mash them into a paste with the side of your knife or a mortar and pestal(easier). Add to that paste 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cayene pepper, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 2 Tbs olive oil. Thaw and peel the shrimp, all but the tail section, for a handle. Butterfly them by cutting down the back halfway through the shrimp. If they have a vein remove it now. Mix the shrimp with the marinade then grill direct. Go about 2 minutes on the first side at about 400 dome, when they start to curl up, flip them and watch until they curl fairly tight and remove immediately. Some of them won't curl tight but you can pretty much tell when they are done, don't overcook! Let them rest for a few minutes and enjoy. -RP

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Author: AZRP Randy@bajaspa.com

Source: BGE Forum, AZRP, 09/24/07
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Keep me posted on your expermintation ;) The salt content was what was so off to me.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Nice cook! Is that a cast iron grate on an SBGE? I picked up mine last week, and haven't had an opportunity to break it in yet. I'm looking forward to cooking some flat iron steaks tomorrow for that!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Hey buddy nice looking Kabob's, I like using bourbon in my marinades. Looking Good