Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woks

Options
GlenLivet18
GlenLivet18 Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
Was wondering what Woks Do you use & what Size is best for the BGE. I have The "Rig" & Woo2 with Spider ring. Can I use a Wok with the ring? Anyone have pics of their Wok set-ups?
Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    For the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I think I got it from Amazon. Nothing fancy, but works great. I think I've seen them with a removable handle...

DSCN3077.jpg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    can you use a wok with a spider? You betcha! Even though this picture of both items I purchased from "tjv" shows his spider upside down and on my floor instead of inside a BGE - trust me it works GREAT!
    IMG_1925.jpg
    My wife is not a wok meal fan so I don't wok as much as I would like to. In fact in the last year I egg a wok meal for lunch and then spread it over 2 or 3 days. Hope that helps!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GlenLivet18
    Options
    Thanks to the both of you. Those look pretty sweet. RRP what size wok is that you are using? That is something I think I would like to give a try.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    if you have an asian kitchen store near you its good to go there, woks are real cheap at those places. picked up 2 last winter for a little over 20 dollars total in down town boston, i have no idea how they pay rent with prices like that. what you want is two, a 16 inch with the loop handles, and a 14 inch with a long steel handle, use the long steel handle wok for open dome cooking and the other if your going to be closing the dome. the reason i say open dome cooking is that some cooks need a real high heat and you need to be picking that wok with the handle off the flame during some parts of the cook, the handle makes that easier.
    heres a cook i did last winter with the 14 inch wok with a handle sitting on a spider

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=411297&catid=1
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    That's a 16" steel round bottom (vs. a flat bottom) wok that I purchased from "tjv". BTW I store it in my garage as I so seldom use it. These big bags are ideal for such a location.
    IMG_1929.jpg
  • GlenLivet18
    Options
    Excellent info RRP! Very much appreciate it. Now off Wok I go!
  • RRP
    Options
    You are welcome. BTW let the record show that after my other post explaining that my wife doesn't care much for a woked meal for some reason that I do those for myself. Here's the groaner...I tell people "I Wok Alone"
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    I have a picture on a couple of my posts on my BLOG SITE
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241