Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Since Cooking on the Egg

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been cooking on the Egg for a few months now and I must say that I cook more often outside and cook a little more but the leftovers fly out the fridge unlike they did when I cooked on my webers and other charcoal grills. So fewer wasted food and lower grocery bill because leftover get turned into other meals. What a great smoker/grill/oven!! Glad I spent the money on the Eggs and not the big stainless deals.

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    ditto that AG..prior to the egg there were NEVER leftovers in our fridge that I would eat..and while having leftovers cuts down on my daily cooks, they are awesome..dinner tonight was leftover red slaw, coffee rubbed tenderloin w/redeye bbq sauce, georgia red wings, and peach pie baked beans..dont get no better than that!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Will you adopt me? :laugh:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Definitely agree with you, AG!
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Where my wife works several girls enjoy her lunches so much they want her to adopt them. I keep telling her we should try it for a weekend and see how things work out. :whistle:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Funny how that works, isn't it.

We were just discussing our summer vacaation plans and I said if I can't take and egg I don't wanna go.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Who said you can't teach an old nole new tricks. :laugh: :laugh: ;)
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Hey you are up kind of late aren't you. Hope you had a good weekend you r cooks looked great.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I absolutely hate leftovers, on Sunday I told my kids that what ever they left here was going into Joe's doggie dish. I just like cooking so much that left overs will keep me from cooking something new. Maybe there is a 12 step program for this, if so, I don't want to know about it. -RP
    IMG_1022.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Joe D Egger,

I got it if no one else did. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Hey AZRP I agree with you. The wife always says I cook too much, but then again I came from a large family (5 bros/2sis), she only has a brother. Plus we always send friends home with a doggie bag. May have to invest in some of those warming trays like in your set up. Seems like something is always done too early and sits around getting cold.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You just need older neighbors to feed. It doesn't help with the grocery tab but their happy and I get to play with my toys.
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    While some have a legit complaint about lump coal costs i factor in what u just said- turning cooks into multiple meals and the cost actually is less buying less food while spending on lump.
    Just like tonight where I enjoyed chicken made from Sunday:)
    ST
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I woke up today at 6PM. Looked at the clock and said I have 3 hours to fire up the egg and cook my dinner. I did just that..

There was a Rib Eye calling my name in the refrigerator. One hot Tubbed Ribeye and a baked tater and my colleagues are now jealous...

On the way home in the Morning I will pick up a nice thick chop and do it all again.

Before the Egg -- well I just don't want to think about that..