Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked ham.

Options
Old Salt
Old Salt Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a shank portion smoked ham going on this afternoon. What temp,how long, drip pan and pulled temp?
It's on my ancient large with no place setter.
Not a fully cooked ham.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    since it is not fully cooked and you have no platesetter this is what i found::

Pork, Ham, Whole, Barbeque

Preparation:
    1 Cut off the skin (this lets the smoke penetrate more), but leave the fat. Put a basic rub on it. If you don't have one handy, some salt, pepper, and a little garlic will work just fine. Cook slow at 220-225F, and keep the smoke going fairly often. I like to Q mine till the temp reaches 175F or higher---remember, this isn't as lean as a pork loin, so you can go to a higher temp. Makes it really tender if you bring it up easy. About 30 minutes before done, baste a couple of times with this mixture: 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup mustard, 1/4 cup vinegar.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: BBQ List, Unknown, 00/00/00

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb