Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resting time for butts

Big E
Big E Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have seen from time to time on here about the resting time after the cook and the process. Do you still pull at 195 temp. then foil or less on the temp. and if iI remember right you wrap in towels and stick it in a warm cooler for 2 hours? It is my first butt and this is one thing I am still a little fuzzy about.

Comments

• Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    I rest mine anywhere from cool enough to handle or in a cooler for up to about 3 hours if I want to keep the meat hot until a specified time.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    You should let it rest at least 2 hours but, I've held mine in the cooler wrapped in foil and towels for 6 hours and still burned my fingers when I pulled it.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. The butt/shoulders are the most forgiving pieces of meat in the world and make us all look like heroes to the outside world. ;)