Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cool flashback...!

OzarkQ
OzarkQ Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So,.. I've been cooking up a storm after finishing the table and having a blast.... but...

I've been getting a little lazy building the fire for low 'n slows. I would pull all the lump, put down some big pieces on the bottom, then dump the old lump on top. It worked a couple of times, but then.. boom! Well.. not quite that dramatic. With the butt I did on the weekend, I couldn't get the egg up to even 250 after 20 minutes - and it was smoking a foul smoke. It eventually came up to temp - and when I opened the daisy main door - POP - flashback! I wish I took a picture, but there was a purple flame burning in the ash space. Would have made cool night shots - but I think my VOC level was a little crazy with the old lump. I'll probably just blow through the left overs on a cleaning and use some fresh lump for the next long cook.

Have fun! :whistle:

Comments