Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We're going camping!

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have the new, old camper almost ready to go, it is a 1957 Shasta ;) . I got it registered this morning and started getting the pantry's filled. We have a lot of work still to go on it but we are headed to hubbies families 50 family reunion in southern NY. Troupsburg to be exact. so no paint job or new flooring yet. But our son is towing the '63 Shasta down with his girl friend so we are letting them take the pretty one. We think we might not even paint this one just polish it to a nice shine as the skins are not to bad. The Small egg is in it's carrier and ready to go cook it's little heart out :side: :woohoo: we have 2 nice butts for pulled pork, a turkey, stuff for chili, packaged honey buns to go on the spider in the morning with coffee and chicken legs were on sale so we have a ton of chicken freezing to do THE CHICKEN :whistle: baked beans and a ton of marshmallows and grahm crackers and peanut butter cups and chocolate bars for s'mores. if you have not made them with P.B. cups you are missing out! :kiss: We will see the grand kids!! :woohoo: :kiss: :silly: and can't wait, we always have to bring "red hot dogs" from Maine. This time we will fix them as red neck seafood! the kids will love it. It will all be fun EXCEPT for the part of no shower from Wed till we get home Monday night. really roughing it. no power, water or anything :) but I get to sit and hook and enjoy the peace and quiet. the only traffic is a Amish buggy or two that go up or down the hill. pretty tough. for that I can give up the shower :)

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    It sounds like a great time. We are camping (not quite so rough as you) for 9 days at Lake Jocassee in SC the week of July 4...there will be 10 family members there. I am already planning menus for the L'il Eggsta to cook for everyone...I can't wait...have fun at the family reunion and send pics of your old campers...those things are cool :whistle:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    JELLOUS!!!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE