Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

here is what i did with that full rib eye!

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well last week i had posted my rib eye i had purchased and did not know what i should do with it. so with many suggestions taken i decide to cut it up in good pieces. they were like a bit over the 2 inch. here they are.
052.jpg
001-2.jpg
002.jpg
013-2.jpg
016.jpg
015-1.jpg

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Man! That looks great!

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Those look terrific. Nice char on there.
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    man it was great stuff!! gonna definetly go buy another one of those!
    he also has other cuts but not sure what are the good ones. so far i have gotten the rib eye and the fillet mignon(tenderloin)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Next time why don't you buy some expensive meat? :laugh:
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Yeah...!!!

These Showoffs..and their "Disposable Incomes"!!

:whistle::whistle:

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    nothing expensive there! been getting these are great deals! rib eye cost me 60 bucks and that gave me 12 steaks 2 inches thick! that is like bucks a steak. and for the tenderloin i have been getting them for about 45 dollars and it gives me like 8 to 10 fillet mignon at 2 inches also plus leaves me with a few ends that i make fajitas with.
  • Pork N Stein
    Pork N Stein Posts: 157
    Options
    Filet fajitas? Wow, that'll spoil ya for the regular ones fast!
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    how did you do on the cuting?

we bought a big ny strip hunk and i had to cut into steaks.... i was not able to get them all straight told my meat guy about it and he said "we call them wedges" :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mikeb6109
    Options
    cutting was not bad. i used my large chef knife and sharpened it before!
    once you start cutting i find you need to make a clean cut try not to stop or pause that is when you get the wedge effect.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Heck of a deal, My Friend.

Mike
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    When my wife surprised me with a whole tenderloin and a whole rib eye a few weeks ago, I did almost the same thing except I saved a "roast sized" portion of each. I used the tenderloin roast on the egg with a portobella mushroom/marsala sauce (from Southern Living a year or 2 ago) and just did the ribeye roast like you would a prime rib. Magnificent!

Did you cook all of them at once or did you vacuum seal some for later?
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This