Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skinless spatchcock chicken?

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am thinking of giving this a try for those that want to have less fat in the meal.If any one has done this with success please respond.If not I am going to experiment and see how this will turn out without getting the meat near a dried out state.Have done this with chicken pieces but not in the spatchcock spread out version.Will post results later as I have about three ways of doing this nd come out with a juicy wet sauce finish.

Comments

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    I usually do them skinless. After removing the skin, I rub with olive oil, then dust with DP Shakin' the Tree, and a dusting of corn starch. Cook indirect over the platesetter at 375 until it looks done, usually a little over an hour. I usually end up cranking it up to 400 or so after 45 minutes to darken the "skin" of the cornstarch/rub mix. I think the Egg keeps it moist even if you go a little long, at least it seems that way for me.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    I thank you for the tip,Once in a while we like a little bit of crust on the sauce and did not want to cook the chicken to long with out the skin being on the bird.I was kind of thinking to do it in a foil covered pan for one hour then taking it out and lather it up with sauce and cook direct for about five to six minutes per side till the color was right on the sauce.A little bit crunchy with a few blacked areas from the sugar doing its thing.