Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best recipes

Options
BeerBQ
BeerBQ Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is everyone's must try recipes?

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Pork Shoulder. Dry rubbed (for lack of fancy recipe: equal parts salt, pepper, sugar, paprika). Indirect for approx 7-9 hours depending on weight, 275deg(dome).
    Baste during last two hours. Sauce can be home made, bottled bbq, or mix red wine-coffee-ketchup.
    I like to chop instead of pull.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    I love the center cut porkchops. I have them cut two inches thick then make pockets and stuff them with fresh and dried fruit stuffing. I first get the grill at 600 for the grate markings, about 3 minutes per side and then drop the temp to 450 and cook until medium about 145. If guests will allow let stand for 5 minutes.

For the stuffing I use a half of apple, cored but not peeled, a handful or raisins, dried cranberries, appricots and pecans and a dash of nutmeg. Add juice from a whole lime an place in a blender or food proccesor for about 10 pulses. This will serve 3 or four and adds a nice sweetness to the chop.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here you go these are super easy and good:

Shrimp, Spicy, AZRP

1 lb 15 ct shrimp, peeled to the last section leaving the tail for a handle, butter flied
    2 Clove Garlic, minced
    1 Tbs Kosher salt
    1 tsp Paprika
    1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
    2 tsp Lemon juice
    2 Tbs Olive oil

These shrimp are really killer. The recipe comes from a Mark Bittman cook book, and about the only thing you can do wrong with it is to over cook the shrimp, or try to use ones that are too small and they fall through the grid. I use the frozen U-15 ones from Sam's club. Take 1 Tbs of kosher salt and 2 garlic cloves (minced) and mash them into a paste with the side of your knife or a mortar and pestal (easier). Add to that paste 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 2 Tbs olive oil. Thaw and peel the shrimp, all but the tail section, for a handle. Butterfly them by cutting down the back halfway through the shrimp. If they have a vein remove it now. Mix the shrimp with the marinade then grill direct. Go about 2 minutes on the first side at about 400 dome, when they start to curl up, flip them and watch until they curl fairly tight and remove immediately. Some of them won't curl tight but you can pretty much tell when they are done, don't overcook! Let them rest for a few minutes and enjoy. -RP

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Barbecue, Holiday, Main Dish, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Author: AZRP (Randy Price)

Source: BGE forum recipe section

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    This recipe is killer. Tis was part of the wifes request for yeserday, as appetizers. She did request that I cut the cayeene a little next time.
    Tom
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Terry, the general consensus is that should be 1 tsp of salt, not 1 Tbs. I did them at numerous fests with the 1 Tbs and never had a complaint, but when the recipe got out and people were making a meal out of them instead of just a sample taste, they are way too salty. -RP
  • BENTE
    Options
    sorry i had read that and never fixed it in my book thanks for the reminder ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea i love making them my son hates it because i usually don't make cocktail sauce... but i make them so i don't have to make cocktail sauce

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    We had 1lb.= 14 shrimp. With five people for dinner, they did not last long enough for cocktail sauce. LOL
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Oriental Marinated pork chops.

Marinade:

1/2 cup soy
    1/4 cup oil
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    fresh ground pepper
    juice from one lemon
    1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger, or 1 teaspoon fresh

Thick cut chops, pierced a few times with the Jaccard. Overnight in fridge or at least four hours in vacuum dish. Hot tubbed to warm them up. Cook at 300 indirect till 135-140 (about 20 minutes). Wrap in foil and towel ala "The Chicken for 20 minutes. Tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The sesame oil and rice vinegar really make these stand out. This is enough for two or three chops, about an inch thick.

Slick