Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5:57 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those with rocks in their heads.

It sure felt good to plug into my own personal recharging station during the dark period. I made some non-stop sawdust for seven time periods before the plumbing alarm went off. Sure was easier to navigate the familiar terrain to the maintenance room than it was in the temporary housing structure in Austin. But I made it in time to release the pressure valve and divert yet another potential disaster. Feels good.

I also checked the refrigeration illumination and found it functional. The refrigeration unit at the temporary housing structure was very small and apparently had no illumination device. But in accordance with my training and habitual duties I checked to make sure that it was producing chilled air. It was.

I also checked security by looking out the huge observation device which gave a panoramic view of the ground vehicle transporter storage area. It was clear of any activity. They must have their own version of a Rodney Dangerbird.

Speaking of Rodney Dangerbird, he was full of questions about our temporary assignment to the Austin, Texas outpost. He wouldn't shut up until I told him how much fun we had and how many new friends we made. He was particularly interested in the description I gave him of the location high on a cliff overlooking a large body of hydrogen and oxygen mix below. He wants to go next year. I suppose we could arrange for an outside security force to watch over the Chicken Ranch while he enjoys the good life.

It took most of the light period yesterday to unload, clean and store the many items we used in Austin so I only got to read a few of the many reports from Egghead carbon units. As usual, there were reports with visual stimulators that activated the moisture producing glands in the upper food intake portal. But I also noticed the report from Agent WessB regarding a structural modification in how his accumulated visual images were presented to his colleagues. I had requested that he look into the matter of introducing a feature that permitted sequential automation of the image viewing process. He succeeded and now his visual accumulations will be much easier to view. Appreciation for your efforts is noted Agent WessB.

Of special note, the crew of BBQ Outfitters did an outstanding job of gathering Eggs and placing them in orbit around the host facility, The Oasis. Except for the heated air, the entire process was enjoyable. But the activity also reintroduced me to muscles that are designed only to produce pain after so many time periods of vertical movement. Nevertheless, I would do it again in a clock-tick. I suspect next years event will be larger and even more enjoyable, and under cooler conditions. I WILL be there.

I smell the sound of dark liquid draining through pulverized beans, an indication that life has truly returned to normal here at the Chicken Ranch.

Say goodnight and goodday Leroy.

Spring "Actively Involved In Procrastination" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks again for the morning report, SC. Sure was a great weekend, if I must say. Glad that you and Mrs. Hen made it back safely and that all is back to normal. I'm back on station now to provide the alternate reports during the very busy (ha!) 2AM CDT window in the event that there is still some log-sawing going on there in the Spring, TX sector.

Gotta run--time to make the donuts and some gas money.
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Options
    Morning SpringChicken, We too had a long drive home, to Arkansas, yesterday. As was the case last year we really enjoyed visting with you, Judy , and " my brother". The Oasis is a wonderful place to have the Eggfest. We too will be there next year.
  • fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    Options
    I sent you a link to my album from the Eggfest. It was good to see you up and around. Seems like every time we meet it's HOT but then again this is Texas.

Kolb Driver will drop you a line when I go to Lake Texoma. Enjoyed the chat.

Signed, the guy in the orange shirt cooking the trout.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    It sure was great finally meeting you. I am curious about your closing - time to make donuts. One of the highlights of my trip to Austin is always a visit to Mrs. Johnson's donut shop on Airport Blvd...ever been there???
    Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Good Morning, Judy!

I took that phrase from the old Dunkin Donuts commercial, where the guy with the moustaches said "It's time to make the donuts..." I'm off to work to earn some grocery and gas money, Mrs. Hen. I've never been to Mrs. Johnson's donut shop before, but now that you mentioned it, I'm curious to drive out there and see what's cooking :) Thank you for the tip!

P.S. your Frito Pie on Saturday was excellent!
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Hey Spring chicken, I'm proud for you that you were able to sleep so long. As someone who's sleep is forever interrupted, I think sleep is underrated.