Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking on BGE

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my large egg for about a month now, 4 cooks.

In my 42 years, I have grilled on everything from the fanciest outdoor kitchens with infrared grills, to cooking a T-bone over a campfire with nothing more than a wire hanger. to Hibachi's, Kettles, countless gassers, etc.

Using the BGE is a true pleasure. I don't have to prove myself with the ability to grill to perfection with just a cheap charcoal grill. I don't have to impress anyone with the latest satinless steel Eight burner gas unit. I don't have to smoke a whole hog on a custom steel offset smoker.

The egg just works, and it works to perfectoin EVERY TIME. Controlling the heat is easy even without a pitminder/guru/doodad. It is the perfect size to grill steaks (delicious ones) for myself, girlfriend, and a few guest. Or Smoke a shoulder or two for a larger group. Or to throw some dogs/burgers on for the kids.

I have been putting the purchase off for a long, long time. It is truly one of the best consumer goods I have ever purchased.

Thanks BIg Green Egg Folks, and thanks to all on the Forum for the terrific ideas.

:)

Ron

Comments